PLAN 4 SA (Pty) Ltd was established in December 2015. The founders passion for people provides the framework for the company’s professional consulting service that focuses on the sustainable development and growth of people and places.
A vision is a short description that represents where a company is going. It thus guides the company to a certain identified future state.
PLAN 4 SA vision is to be the leading opportunity creator in Southern Africa.
The company wishes to contribute to growth and development through employment of an entrepreneurial mind-set in all its service offerings. The importance of entrepreneurship in the future growth and development of Southern Africa cannot be underestimated and the company therefore wishes to put a special emphasis on the empowerment and creation of opportunities for young professionals.
A mission describes a company’s current business and purpose. It indicates who we are, what we do and why we are here.
The company’s mission is:
As a Professional Planning Practice, PLAN 4 SA aims to add value and make a difference by integrating people, movement, opportunities and place to develop and grow sustainably in time and space.
Our values are:
- Develop, Grow & Sustain
- Honesty, Integrity & Respect
- Knowledge, Understanding & Wisdom
- Faith, Hope & Love
We aim to develop, grow and sustain people and places. Honesty, integrity and respect are key elements in building and maintaining relationships with people.
We continuously strive to improve our knowledge, understanding and wisdom, whilst faith, hope and love are the cornerstones upon which our legacy is being built.
PLAN 4 SA offer professional services with a strong focus on integration and includes the following:
Town and Regional Planning Services on offer include the following:
Strategic & Spatial Planning Services
- Integrated Development Planning (IDPs)
- Spatial Development Frameworks (SDFs)
- Precinct Plans & Investment Strategies
- Policy Formulation & Interpretation
- Planning Research
- Site Options Analysis
- Land Use / Transportation Integration
- Planning for Transit Oriented Developments (TODs)
Land Use Management Services
- Land Use Management Schemes
- Land Use Management Control / Applications
- Due diligence investigations
Housing Development Services
- Feasibility Studies
- Planning related to housing developments
- Integrated Human Settlement Planning
Transportation Planning Services on offer relates to land transport (i.e. Public Transport, Non-Motorised Transport (NMT), Rail Transport, and Private Transport) and include the following:
- Integrated Transport Planning
- Land Transport Frameworks Planning
- Policy & Legislation Formulation & Interpretation
- Strategy Formulation
- Economic Assessments
- Feasibility Studies
- Systems Planning
- Operations Planning & Management
- Surveys & Counts
- Transport for Special Events
Business Planning & Development includes the following services:
- Organisational Design, Restructuring & Development
- Performance Management & Monitoring
- New Business Plan Development
IDC Award Ceremony, 29 April 2015 (http://www.idc.co.za/home/media-room/articles/804-awards-help-turn-student-business-plans-into-reality.html)
Talk NMMU, May 2015: NMMU’s Sun Wheel Seeder business plan produced by Mary-Ann Chetty, Kumaree Moodley, Ralph Kuhn and Martin Jonker won overall third place prize and seed capital of R50 000. It also won the Most Impactful Socio-Economic Development category. The Sun Wheel Seeder is a low-cost seed planter suitable for small scale farmers practicing conservation agriculture.
Business Planning & Development is done in partnership with Mr Ralph Kuhn, an MBA graduate of the NMMU Business School.
Professional Project Management Services are provided in terms of processes prescribed by the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and includes the following knowledge areas:
- Project Integration Management;
- Project Scope Management;
- Project Time Management;
- Project Cost Management;
- Project Risk Management;
- Project Quality Management;
- Project Human Resource Management;
- Project Communication Management;
- Project Procurement Management; and
- Stakeholder Management.
Project Management Services include the management of all the multi-disciplinary planning and related activities that are required prior to the commencement of construction.